• Boneless chicken, 500 grams
• Egg 1
• Corn flour/ corn starch 6 tablespoons
• Salt to taste
• Soy sauce 2 tablespoons
• Oil 4 tablespoons + to deep fry
• Ginger, finely chopped 2 inch piece
• Garlic, finely chopped 8-10 cloves
• Onion ,sliced 1 medium
• Green chillies, roughly sliced 3-4
• Red Chilli powder 1 tablespoon
• Green capsicum, cut into thin strips 1 medium
• Spring onion greens, finely chopped 2 stalks
Mix the egg, four tablespoons corn flour, red chilli, salt and one tablespoon soy sauce in a bowl.
Add the chicken pieces and mix. Set aside for half an hour. Mix the remaining corn flour in one cup of water.
Heat sufficient oil in a wok and deep fry the marinated chicken for 5mins.
Drain on absorbent paper.
Heat four tablespoons oil in a wok, add the ginger and garlic and stir fry for half a minute.
Add the onion and green chillies and continue to stir fry for a minute.
Add soy sauce, salt. Bring the mixture to a boil.
Add the corn flour mixture and cook for a minute more or until the sauce starts to thicken, stirring continuously.
Add fried chicken pieces and capsicum and cook for a couple of minutes.
Stir in vinegar and serve hot, garnished with spring onion greens.